Oh man. I used to love weddings. I really did. I thought they were fun affairs where you got to see family and friends, drink and dance, and just have a good ole time. Plus, when I was single, I almost always got lucky at weddings – something in the air lends itself to sex and romance I guess.
So i always thought I wanted a big wedding because then it’s all the good things about weddings but you’re the center of attention and getting all the gifts!! What’s not to love?
Of course, now that I’m knee deep in planning my own wedding, I understand. They are awful, awful things. My family and my family-to-be are doing more than fair share in helping to plan and pay for the wedding (big shout-out to the parent-in-laws to be here!) and still the list of things to do and pay for is just about endless. Is it too late now to elope???
Anyway, in the spirit of wedding frustration, I present this edition of questions. Now in some of these, I’m appealing for advice, so please help a brother out.
As always, for a more active discussion, visit this post over at dagblog.com
1) What’s the one song you think should be played at every wedding? What one song should never be played? help us build the ultimate wedding playlist!
2) Think back to the weddings you enjoyed most. What did they have in common? What about the ones you enjoyed the least?
3) What number of people is the ideal size for a wedding?
4) What’s your ideal wedding: A) Small destination wedding b) Big, lavish affair c) Elope to nearest City Hall or Vegas d) Does not exist
5) If you’ve gone through your own wedding, what one piece of advice would you give someone about to plan/have their own?
6) What is one wedding tradition you would like to see obliterated forever?
7) Best part about the typical wedding meal: a) Cocktail food, b) main course, c) dessert, d) just the cocktails?
8) Ethnic weddings: Which ones are the best and why?
9) What’s a good groomsmen gift? (Do not say a fully loaded Mercedes, Genghis!)
10) Pick one: a) Band or DJ? b) Sit-down meal or buffet c) Chicken Dance or Electric Slide d) Pigs in a Blanket or Sushi? e) White or Chocolate Wedding Cake f) Templated or Individualized Vows g) Tux or Suit for Groom h) Prenup or not i) Complete Set of China or Big-Screen TV j) Menu choices on invitation or no?